BCBS may have reversed their hasty decision

So, we hear that BCBS has conveniently (for them) reversed their decision to deny Lorelei's transplant. We'll believe it when they communicate that to MD Anderson and Hannah has her appointment to donate.

Man, I wish I hadn't cancelled ALL the plans yesterday. It's impossible to get a hotel in Houston during the Houston Rodeo. I'll begin making those plans again (once MD Anderson calls.)

This is good news for Lorelei. But the fight is not over. Our insurance company NEVER should have denied Lorelei in the first place. No child should be denied a life saving procedure because it is not efficacious for the insurance company's bottom line.

2 comments (Add your own)

1. Adam wrote:
I am a TV reporter in Tulsa. I cover social media and technology. This story facisnates me. I'd love to interview Lorelei over Skype or the phone today if possible! Please give me a call (918) 289-1092.

Wed, March 6, 2013 @ 2:53 PM

2. Stephen Grassie wrote:
I'm so glad to hear that this road block may be out of the way. I recently went through a (much easier) battle with Lymphoma, and nothing was worse than hearing the word "denial" from BCBSOK towards the end of my treatment. I was too tired to fight them at that point and didn't see the denial as being life-threatening, so my doctor and I made alternate plans to appease the insurance company. It still doesn't seem right that insurance should have any say over a doctor's recommendation, and I hope that BCBSOK will think twice when they deny people for covered services in the future.

My best wishes to Lorelei and family for a smooth road from here (as a side note - hello to Andrea! I was an intern and worked with you many years ago at EF).

Wed, March 6, 2013 @ 4:19 PM

Add a New Comment


code
 

Comment Guidelines: No HTML is allowed. Off-topic or inappropriate comments will be edited or deleted. Thanks.