Mysterious Fever

Lorelei awoke yesterday feeling lousy. It's hard to imagine how badly she must feel for her to admit it. Her fever spiked last night so we called her doctor. In fact, we called several of her doctors. We were unable to reach any of them. So, with her previous bout of sepsis in the back of our minds, we headed to the ER with a very reluctant little girl. They got her in right away since it is not advisable for a person who has had a bone marrow transplant to hang out in ER waiting rooms. But once in, all they could do was bloodwork and wait for results. The doctor wanted to keep her overnight to observe and give her fluids but Lorelei would have none of that. The doctor said the hospital is not prison and he couldn't force her to stay. He'd discharge her but it would be AMA. Knowing insurance may not cover the visit if we left AMA, she begged him to reverse his decision. And he did. (Did we mention that Lorelei can be fairly stubborn and persuasive?) We assured him we'd watch her closely and bring her back if she appeared to worsen. We got home some time around 2:00 am. She's still feverish but at least she's in her own bed. She only has two days left of radiation so please pray she's able to complete those without having to be admitted to the hospital.

No comments (Add your own)

Add a New Comment


code
 

Comment Guidelines: No HTML is allowed. Off-topic or inappropriate comments will be edited or deleted. Thanks.