Need some miraculous intervention tomorrow

We need some miraculous intervention tomorrow.

We just took a phone call from MD Anderson around 5:30pm today. They have not received the go ahead from our insurance company (Blue Cross Blue Shield) for the allogenic stem cell transplant that Lorelei needs.

That poses a problem.

We have already booked flights to get Hannah (Lorelei's donor) from St. Louis to Houston so they can do the harvesting of her bone marrow over her spring break. (Hannah has teaching responsibilities at WashU and we're trying to be considerate of her schedule.)  Hannah flies out Wednesday afternoon. (She'll stay with a friend at Rice University.) She was supposed to undergo testing at MD Anderson (to make sure she's healthy enough to donate) on Thursday and Friday so she can begin the neupogen shots on Saturday and start collecting on Monday. If we can't get the go ahead from BCBS TOMORROW then we'll have to cancel everything. I am so frustrated.

It drives me crazy that an insurance company has the power to decide whether or not they will cover the life saving treatment Lorelei needs. And it also drives me crazy that we can't just move forward assuming the approval will come soon. It has to be approved before MD Anderson can do anything with Hannah.

So, please say a prayer. It will be a miracle if we can get that go ahead quickly without having to jump through additional unnecessary hoops.


No comments (Add your own)

Add a New Comment


code
 

Comment Guidelines: No HTML is allowed. Off-topic or inappropriate comments will be edited or deleted. Thanks.